Jul 18, 2012

Disney • Pixar’s BRAVE

Have you ever encountered a Brave Girl who will fight for her freedom and cherish her moments w/o fear, obstacles and reject.

While, i have met one.
She's:

  • Adventurous

  • YET
  • Kind
  • and
  • Sweet


  • *I wont disclosed her name or else she may complain xP

    I met her during my 1st day of Sec1 life.
    I remembered i dont dare to speak up and befriend with my class.
    But, out of the moon, there's was this lovely girl, soft straight hair flying off from her forehead down to her face, walking briskly towards my direction.

    'Hi, im ***. How do i address you ??' - a lovely yet rough voice came from the back of my ear and i turned to look at who would be so nice to approach me when others dont ??!!

    She reached out her hand and offered a handshake while i reluctantly reached out mine and she hold on to my hand with a smile on her face.
    'Hi, why arent you talking?? Have i startled you??' - posing with an awkward yet puzzled smile.
    'Hi, im minghui. Nice to meet you.'
    'Nice to meet you too.' - with a sweet smile.

    And that's how i got to know her.
    We started to become sisters w/o us realising it and we would mingle and gossip around during out freetime.

    One day, something happened during class and everyone started gossiping around.
    I joined in the conversation with her and she told me there's a bully in school targeting at girls who're easy prey.
    She warned me to stay away from this gang when i saw them in school.
    But, never did i've guessed it, that day arrived.
    I've became their prey.
    They laughed at me, saying bad things about me, making me feeling helpless and menacing not knowing what to do when suddenly someone shouted out,
    'Here, Miss Lim. There they are, bullying people again.'
    The gang hurriedly off leaving poor little behind.
    I slowly opened my eyes and saw her, standing right in front of me reaching out her hand to give me a lift.
    I was so touched and tears started flowing down from my eyes and she hugged me, giving me a sense of security and warmth like i've never felt it.

    She told me next time better stayed close to her or else i might not know when will i get preyed at again.
    I asked her, 'Where is Miss Lim, how come she isnt here yet??'
    She told me that i was a lie to fool the gang so that they will stop their actions and saved me out from them.
    She even told me one of our classmate saw the incident and ran to look for her, thinking that she might have a plan to save me.
    She even claimed that she was afraid of them, too, but thinking of the fact that i was being preyed, without hesitation, she came to my recuse.


    Till today, even though we are uncontactable but i felt very thankful to what she did on that day.
    It was truly the most memorable incident i've ever had in my secondary days and will be kept in my heart forever.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    So readers,
    after reading through my story are you inspired to write one too ??!!
    Here's your chance to write/blog about it to win a pair of tickets to catch Disney • Pixar’s BRAVE coming to cinemas on the 8th of August.

    Not sure what is BRAVE, the movie about ??
    Here's a synopsis on the movie:
      "Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In “Brave,” a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts. Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson).

      Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane). Merida’s actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Wise Woman (voice of Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it’s too late.

      Directed by Mark Andrews (“The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “John Carter of Mars”) and Brenda Chapman (“The Lion King,” “Prince of Egypt”), and produced by Katherine Sarafian (“Lifted,” “The Incredibles”), “Brave” is a grand adventure full of heart, memorable characters and the signature Pixar humor enjoyed by audiences of all ages. The film opens in Singapore theaters on 8 August 2012, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters."


    Are you super eager to catch it NOW???
    All you have to do is to follow these 4 simple steps to be the first to catch this movie: (note:you have to have a blog)
    1st: Like Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page


    Follow Disney Studios Singapore Twitter account


    And subscribe to Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel


    2nd: Blog about the heroine in your life and how she was the bravest in a situation.
    (which is what i did)

    3rd: Embed Disney • Pixar’s BRAVE.


    Lastly, Sign off with "Catch Disney • Pixar’s BRAVE in cinemas this 8 August 2012 and like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow the @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!

    And submit your entry to here

    The Gala Premiere is on the 22nd of July, this coming sunday at 3.45pm.
    Collection of ticket will start from 2.15-2.45pm
    Veune is at The Cathay at Handy Road.

    So, Catch Disney • Pixar’s BRAVE in cinemas this 8 August 2012 and dont forget, again, to like the Official Walt Disney Studios Singapore Facebook Page, follow the @disneystudiosSG and subscribe to Official Disney Studios Singapore YouTube Channel!

    Pretty thanks to all lovelies who are reading my entry(;

    Cheers;
    minghui(:

    Quotes from the trailer:
    'Be careful of what you wished for.'
    'If you had a chance to change your fate, would you?'

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

      © Design and Content by Minghui 2012

    Back to TOP